Sr. Data Visualization Engineer
As part of GE Digital, the Sr Data Visualization Engineer will be responsible for development, testing, and implementation of Business Intelligence reporting solutions, including design and impact assessments. The role will be the link between Business Intelligence (BI) supplier and the reporting application and its users. The role will provide operational support for the BI application, including quarantine maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring and resolving issues in a timely manner.
• Performing detailed data analysis, data validation and identifying data quality issue.
• Supporting and resolving issues of complex reporting objects and structures.
• Performing systems analyses of business problems of diverse scope and complexity that includes requirement definition and its assessment, interfacing with users, providing cost and benefit analyses. Identifying impact on existing model/ solution triggered by new/changed requirements.
• Demonstrating a high degree of flexibility and versatility, ability to manage several different projects and priorities in parallel.
• Training users for effective implementation and use of reporting application. Creating user documentation and developing training materials.
• Coordinating with deployment and support teams to ensure the solutions get implemented into QA and production environments. Executing QA testing.
• Developing reports & dashboards using reporting application.
• Working in SCRUM and Agile management methodologies.
• Writing SQL to explore source data, data issues, etc.
• Exhibiting strong knowledge of business processes and integrating domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
• Maintaining data architectural artifacts and ensures that all measures for data quality, data profiling, data governance, ITIL, security and compliance of data are adhered to.
• Performing variety of in-depth data analysis, data modeling, and data design tasks on complicated data sets with potentially complex data integration scenarios.
• Working with Product Owners, and Business SME to identify requirements and drive ingestions standards consistent with business processes.
• University degree preferably in economics or informatics
• Proven experience in data analysis, dashboard & report building, research (preferably in Cross-functional teams)
• Czech/Slovak language is must, advanced English required
• Proven ability to impact and influence at a senior stakeholder level virtually across markets with solid networking, influencing & communication skills
• Strong knowledge of BI analytic & visualization tools (Tableau, SQL, OBIEE) preferred
• Demonstrated teamwork in producing results and meeting organizational objectives
• Knowledge of Manufacturing processes, finance, information systems and general business practices
• Analytical and problem-solving thinking
• Experience with data modelling, ETL tools
• Database experience (such as any form of SQL)
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
• Proficiency using SQL
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2641/14, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, opportunity to work up hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, launch of a completely new project
Czech (advanced), English (advanced)
GE Aviation Czech s.r.o.
About GE Aviation
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.