Lead Test Engineer
The Lead Test Engineer will be responsible for preparation and execution of Development and Certification Tests of Turboprop aircraft engine.
Your main task would involve preparing and maintaining of ever changing test plans, test reports, procedures and work instructions for test crew and other personnel both in GE Aviation's site in Prague - Letňany and our external test facility in Hradec Kralove.
- Lead the execution of a test, monitor test data, author a daily report on the test status.
- Following engine technical specification and requirements to perform aircraft engine test.
- Provide feasibility study regarding required test, define the risks, propose solutions.
- Prepare test plan based on instrumentation requirements and test mission (eTPS).
- Create and document test plan for test platform sub component (e.g., DAQ, fixturing, instrumentation, EHS) and Development Test Instructions.
- Gather data to support a problem investigation. Attend meetings and provide updates on issues.
- Participate/ facilitate pre-test and post-test reviews, preparing presentations, tollgates.
- Participate in Test Design Reviews.
- Support and assist the people involved in engine test, train junior team members.
- Master degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering (or Technical High School Diploma with strong experience) or equivalent experience
- Proven Test Engineering experience at least 3 years
- Knowledge of aircraft engines
- Fluent Czech and English
- Knowledge regarding Test Cell Systems and Aviation experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
What can you expect to get?
- Perspective and meaninful job in leading aerospace company with unlimited career opportunities
- Wide scale of further development
- 5 + 1 week of annual holidays
- Contribution to pension scheme/ life insurance
- Meal vouchers in value of CZK 100 fully reimbursed by employer
- The possibility of buying shares of General Electric
- Company´s fitness centrum and other supporting activities promoting healthy lifestyle
Information about the vacancy
Hradec Králové-Rusek, Praha-Letňany
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, opportunity to work up hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, launch of a completely new project
Czech (advanced), English (advanced)
GE Aviation Czech s.r.o.
About GE Aviation
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.